Friday, August 20, 2010
DON'T BE SKERRED - IT'S JUST ME!!
*Am I REALLY doing this?*
What the hell was I thinking when I committed to the FOTD FRIDAY'S????
Well, here I am in all my nekkidness and glory!! I figured if I start out this way, I really have no where to go but up, right? *just say yes so I'll feel better*
Okay, so, since this is the first time I've ever tried taking pictures of my own face, which is no easy task by the way, this was the best of the worst.
I do not have oily skin - that is me perspiring from trying to take so many dang pictures in the bathroom!
*there's GOT to be a better way*
So, on this first day I am just bringing to you for your viewing (or laughing) pleasure my day/night skin care routine. For the duration of this blog and and the FOTD, unless otherwise stated I will only be using Mary Kay Skincare and Cosmetics. I am NOT a consultant and I am not being paid by a consultant to use this as an advertisement. The sole purpose of my FOTD Friday's is to educate and hopefully inspire those that have a desire for cosmetics but have always been too afraid to ask. My goal is to show you MY and only MY personal experiences and opinions on said products, the purpose is to show a method and not to market. I don't care if you use Lancolm, Estee Lauder, Oil of Olay, Fashion Fair (are they still in business??) or your favorite d/s brand, but by all means find a routine. I just want people to know that they don't have to believe the hype of all the high end products. You will find what works for you through trial and error. It took me years to find a formula that worked for me and it just happened to be Mary Kay. I have used nothing but MK for 23 years and I am only 30!! NOT!! I'm pretty satisfied with this. So, if it ain't broke - don't fix it, but if it needs tweaking - then make some adjustments.
*steps down off soap box*
1. SO, first things first - NEVER use soap on your face!
ALWAYS use a cleanser, preferrably one with an astringent which will save you some steps.
2. ALWAYS use a moisturizer - NEVER use lotion or vaseline on your face - it clogs your pores!!
*Do this every morning and every evening*
3. NEVER go to bed with make up on and never put make up on a dirty face.
Now, if your under the age of 21, you can pretty much stop reading right here. For those of us older, keep reading!!
4. There is no such thing as too much moisturizer - especially this time of year when the weather is changing, so is your skin. Just like healthy nails, keep your skin moisturized, moisturized, moisturized.
*Include your neck in the cleansing and moisturizing*
5. In the morning after cleansing, I use a day time moisturizer with SPF 25, you can go higher if you like - this works for me. Sunscreen should be applied all year long, not just in the summer. Sunscreen should be worn when the sun is shining - end of story!!
6. Then I will use a Tinted moisturizer that is SPF 20.
I complete my look with cosmetics (you'll see all that as the weeks go by)
7. In the evening I wash everything off with my cleanser.
8. Then I apply an evening night solution, it's not a solution, that's just the name of it, that has antioxidants and collagen enhancing properties (at my age, I need all the help I can get).
9. I finish with an intense moisturizing cream, the cream isn't intense, that's just the name of it,
brush my teeth and off to bed to watch T.V. or read the NB or a good book!!
Well, that's the first of many to come.
I hope I didn't sound like a commercial for MK.
I want to keep it simple - skin care maintenance is not complicated - but it can be so complimentary when we all take the time to take care of ourselves. Take care of your skin today and it will take care of you tomorrow.
So, what's your skin care regiment?
Do you have one? If not you need one!!
*all highlighted areas are links to referrenced products mentioned in the article to a Mary Kay website - should you desire any of these products, you can shop there directly or with a consultant of your choice*
Posted by Audrey at 8:00 AM