The Beauty of Color

This is a blog for women of all colors who love colour. For their nails that is. From high end to low end and everything in between. Please join in as a myriad of shades are showcased and available to all women around the world.



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Damone Roberts 1968 - A short post!!

HELLO FELLOW AND FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS!!

I still have a blinding headache but knew I needed to bring you something short and sweet....and yes this baby is sweet!!




This was a LE and re-released a month ago - don't know if it's still available - but I ordered this baby as soon as I heard it was available.

She went on so smooth and even and opaque.  She took three coats but easily could have worn well with two coats.

I really enjoyed this color.  I have quite a few mint colors that I will be comping for you in the future - just not right now.

Then I heard that this was very close to the Chanel Jade but needed shimmer...

...so I added some shimmer!!!

I found this 9 pack piece at Ross for $3.99!!  This 9  piece came with a base coat, top coat, this shimmer and 6 other colors!!  What a bargain!!
I put her over the Damone Roberts and it gave it just enough shimmer and shine to make me really LOVE the combo!!

BUT TWO DAYS LATER...HERE IS THE SHORT....

WHAAAAA!!!!!

I broke one nail and super glued it - then I broke another nail completely off and decided to chop them all off and start all over again!!
I KNOW WHAT YOUR ALL SAYING - THEY LOOK CUTE SHORT!!
WHATEVAH!!  (This is probably why I have a migraine!!)
To be fair - it is an adjustment and I think I kind of like them short too.
My nails haven't been this short since I took my acrylics off 6 years ago.
(Those who have had them - know this feeling)  I have been popping biotin, prenatals, water and moisturizing like a junkie on crack!! (Besides my valium!)

Okay - well that does it for me today - this post has taken me 3 hours to write (ARRRG!!)  Oh the things we do to be a blogger for our fans!! :-)

Okay - so the news you have all been waiting for - Tomorrow the secret to my giveaway will be revealed!!  I know you will ALL enjoy it and it will have so been worth the wait!!  I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Until next time - Happy Polishing!! 

(Turns off computer and goes back to bed to hide under the covers)



6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! It looks absolutely gorgeous on you!!! That is a beauiful green!!! Your nubbins/shorties look great as well! Everytime I see those LDL I buy them if there unique they are a great price. They don't have any names but I pull the stickers off and put them on the bottom of the bottles just for the numbers. Am I crazy or what. lol!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the short nails much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this sitting in my "untrieds", I need to put it on, it is so pretty !...so pretty!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You cut your nails! They still look beautiful and this shade is made for your skin tone. =) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just admiring how long your nails had gotten and BAM! they're gone! DR looks great on you, I am sure I will be kicking myself later for not ordering. FEEL BETTER! and your short nails ARE cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a surprise! DR looks terrific on you and I think the new length looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!! I Love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to write - your feedback, comments and suggestions are always appreciated!